scrambled egg muffins
- nonstick cooking spray * i used olive oil in spray bottle
- 4 slices nitrate-free turkey bacon
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped, low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed & drained* i used pc brand
- 1/4 cup nonfat skim milk * i used almond milk
- 4 teaspoons grated parmesan
- preheat oven 400 degrees. spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or tinfoil; place bacon on prepared baking sheet & transfer to oven. bake until crisp, 10-15 minutes.
- meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together egg whites, egg, chickpeas & milk. coat 4 cups in a 6-cup standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. divide egg mixture evenly among prepared cups. remove bacon from oven & cut with kitchen shears or thinly slice into 1/2 inch pieces. sprinkle bacon over eggs & top each with 1 teaspoon parmesan.
- transfer to oven & bake until eggs puff and are cooked through, 12-15 minutes. remove egg muffins from muffin pan & let cool slightly before serving.